Understanding Website SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
In its simplest form, Website SEO is the process of optimizing your website to deliver you prospects with a genuine interest in your product or service.
Having a fancy website with lots of bells and whistles and fancy graphics is pretty much useless if it does not deliver you qualified prospects who want to buy your product or service. It is one of the most critical steps is the marketing of your website and your business to the online community.
If you’ve been in business for a while, you understand the concept of AIDA in the marketing of your business:
- Attention – Your prospects need to know you exist in the first place. In the world of the internet, you need to attract them to your website – that’s step one in the SEO process – attracting people to your site.
- Interest – you need to hold prospective customers long enough to create desire so every landing page, blog post, image and description of your company must reach out to both your prospects and the search engines
- Desire – SEO doesn’t do a lot to create desire, but your copy should be consistent and real because the search engine know when you are “key word stuffing” just to get their attention
- Action – you clearly want all of your SEO work to deliver prospect to your website with a clear “Call to Action.” Well-designed landing pages attract both the search engines and your prospects.
Why is Website SEO so Important?
We all wish “if you build it they will come” was true for websites but unfortunately there are thousands of companies who want to be on first page of Google.
Optimizing your Website SEO is a very competitive industry and can take a tremendous amount of time and effort. Everyone wants the latest SEO tips for Website SEO.
SEO Tips to Optimizing Your SEO Process
Here are some SEO tips to get you started with getting your Website SEO:
- Register your website to Local SEO – go to Google and add yourself to Google Places, and Yellow pages. Make sure your address is verified by google first by requesting a verification code.
- Add Descriptive Information to Graphics – When Google scans your website it cannot read images, so take the time right at the outset to optimize your Images, videos, and graphics. Make sure to add alt tags and meta descriptions to all your pictures as you add them.
- Optimize your Site for Social – Social media is how a growing percentage of online users interact and you want your site to be “social friendly”.
- Be sure you are Mobile Friendly – Google recently announced that as of April 21st, they will be looking at the mobile friendliness of all websites so be sure yours is “mobile ready.”
- Optimize your Titles – Make sure you are using H1 tags for all page titles and that your targeted keyword is in the title as well. That is the first thing search engines look at.
Professional SEO Help Available
Contact us to learn how we can help you get help with you Website SEO in Colorado and along the Front Range.
Source: http://searchenginewatch.com/sew/how-to/2402354/mobile-optimization-and-the-google-algorithm-change-7-steps-to-stay-friendly, Moz: http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo