Look Up Industry Trends
- When trying to create content, the first thing to do is look up what’s trending in your industry. A great tool for this is Google trends, as it will show you the volume of a given search term (even based on location specifications).
Look at What Others Are writing About (In Your Industry)
- Another way to utilize the vast resources of the internet is to simply Google it. The limitation of Google Trends is that it shows volume of a search term but will not show articles related to it. This problem can be solved by simply looking at what articles come up when you search for trends yourself.
Identify a Problem
- Is there a problem trending in your industry? Be the one to solve it. This is a surefire way to come up with new content and drive traffic to your site.
Steps to Solve Said Problem
- After figuring out what problem exists, list all the ways in which to solve this problem.
Elaborate On Ideas
- Make sure to list out as much as possible. No one wants to read an obscure one-liner about a problem without any details so get to explaining the problem and how to fix it as much as possible. The more details the better, especially if you actually help someone solve it then they can commment and drive even more traffic for you!
How to Come Up with Content Ideas