Choose the Right Keywords
- For those starting out, the best option here is to research keywords and go with ones that are not too competitive. This will help with building up your profile first. After gaining some traction then start to think about trying more competitive keywords.
Create Relevant Meta Data
- Creating a concise synopsis of your article for your description and title can help searchers find the right place to go. If you do this then you can drive the right traffic to your site and rank higher.
- Make sure you’ve added a relevant keyword to your content at least one time (max of two).
Possibly Choose a Niche
- This won’t apply to everyone but it always helps when you can focus in a particular area that others may not pay as much attention to. Depending on your industry you might be able to select a niche that will cater to a certain audience. This may mean less visitors but potentially higher conversions being that they are coming to your site for a certain reason.
Add Lots of Content
- The whole idea behind Google’s algorithm is to deliver content to searchers that is most relevant to their search. If you think about that for a second then the realization strikes that your content should be as informative as possible. With that in mind try to put at least 500 words per page but ideally you want to be in the range of 1400 to 2000 words.
Build Your Backlinks
- The backbone to any success in ranking on Google is to have high quality backlinks pointing back to your site. Before it used to be that the more backlinks you had, the higher you ranked. This has changed over the years with the focus falling on getting quality backlinks.
This Will Take Time
- This process does not happen over night. Like any good business, it will take time. This is an ongoing process that will take time to build a profile to start ranking high.
How to Rank on Google