Choose a Platform
- When it comes to choosing a way to create your website there are many options. Mainly, it all depends on your skill level with coding and web design. If you do a quick Google search you can find many that offer a click and drag option that makes it very easy. If you want to take on a little more but have a little more control over everything then WordPress is a viable option for you.
Research and Select Keywords
- There a few tools you can use to research keywords and see the volume on them. For this process, we recommend you go with less competitive keywords that you could rank locally for while you’re building up your business.
Appropriate Meta Descriptions and Titles
- Use those selected keywords to describe the meaning of each page so when the results are pulled up in a search engine, they will give a searcher a clear idea about what the page is about so they don’t click and immediately leave.
Create Content for Each Page
- Same thing as meta data but with more detail. This is the actual visual content that people will read so make sure it provides as much detail as possible with your choosen keyword placed in there one to two times at most.
Set Up a Blog
- A key factor in increasing your rank in Google (at least the frequency of which your site will be crawled) is determined by the frequency of refreshing content. Not only are you adding new information, therefore becoming more informative to visitors, but you are getting search engines to crawl your website constantly to see any changes that you’ve made to improve.
- Launch your site.
Create Google Business Listing
- This is an important step and can be done fairly easy. It’s as simple as googlin “Google Business Listing”, filling out information, and submitting your pin confirmation.
Submit to Major Search Engines
- After you’ve launched, make sure you go to the major search engines and submit your site (Google, Bing, Yahoo).
Setup Google Analytics
- This is a pretty simple step but very important because this will give you an insight into what the traffic for your site is looking like and where it’s coming from. This will tell you whether what you’re doing is working or if there adjustments that need to be made. All you have to do for this is login to Google Analytics, get your code, place it in the global footer of your site and wait for the data to be collected. Directions will be provided for a step by step on the actual Google Analytics page.
How to Start Doing Search Engine Optimization (SEO)